Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks)
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
At a local bank? Part of an MA prog or no?

5.5k for 1.5 YOE is very impressive considering entry-level ops will only get you 3-3.5 max unless you're in a grad prog (but still, DBS GA should be paying around 4.5k, so regardless 5.5k is impressive). Mind sharing your pay progression? What did you start of with? Any increment / promo?
Tbh not at a local bank. Working at at an international investment bank now. Left out this information because this is a local bank thread but just want to get opinions from fellow bankers here

Took on a contract traineeship role with a local bank I grad last year. Jan 2022 I was drawing 2.5k and right now Dec 2022 onwards I will be drawing 5.5k but still on a contract basis

During this space of 1 year I had contract extension at both the local bank that I started off at and the current bank that I’m working at now so with each extension I negotiated for a pay raise

Benefit wise it sucks because my contracts so far averages out to just 1 day leave per month and working hours is dog life e.g working till 8pm-10pm almost everyday so putting my pay in relative to my working hours and benefit I’m not being paid much but the whole point of me doing contract was to just work hard and push up my basic pay with each round of contract extension. So hopefully I’m on the right track considering I more than 2x my pay in a space of 1 year

Hopefully next year when I convert to perm or switch to full time role at other banks my pay will increase again