Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I have Diploma in IT from a local poly, working for almost 2 years as a pre-school teacher. I'm 23 this yr. So now, I'm deciding to take up a part-time degree, and was looking at HR. I am very good with people, etc. I'm looking at C&B, T&D or business partnering.

I'm tired of making very little money and am ready to work hard and start a new career path.

So I know many of you are experienced in this line, what necessary qualifications should I take up in order to kickstart my career? I don't want to spend 20-30k on a degree that'll be worth nothing to the industry.

I'm looking at
1) Bachelor of Science (Business Studies, Business Studies with HRM / Banking & Finance) - Part-Time (Loughborough University, UK from PSB academy

2)Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management and Management (Double Major) - Murdoch Uni

3)Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management and Marketing (Double Major) - Murdoch uni

4)Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Human Resource Management - University College Dublin

Or are there any better choices for a degree? Business?

And like one of the posters said...How do we start a career in this if even the junior execs jobs needs min 5yrs relevant experience?

Thank you for any help or input!
Most part-time degrees are not worth the money and effort, but among the 4 you listed, no. 3 sounds better than the rest.

Why not study full-time in one of the 3 local universities? If not, you should consider the "4th" U, which is SIM. Their UOL programme is quite ok, from what I hear.