Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 02:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In ACN for 2.5 years…Should I align myself to Tech or S&C?

S&C

Pros:
Exposure to different types of work (but so far haven’t done any consulting type of work)
Could potentially be a faster route to CL7

Cons:
More costly to projects: I’ve heard that S&C people cost more to the project
Takes longer to get promoted. Generally it takes about 3-4 years to be promoted to CL7.
Cannot align to H&PS (that’s where most of the biggest clients are and they have the biggest budget for promotions also)

Tech

Pros:
Faster to get promoted.
More budget for promotion.
Better bonuses.

Cons:
Exit options might be limited to tech, not so much of Management Consulting.
If things go south, it might take longer for you to get promoted to AM>M.
Lower pay than consulting (?)

What do you guys recommend?

What role are you even hired in as for acn? Easy to align to tech but not easy to align to S&C. If you’re hired in as consulting development analyst or strategy analyst you automatically fall under S&C. But if you’re hired in as business and integration analyst you fall under Tech and not S&C. If you want to switch to S&C, you won’t hold the tech titles and it’s not easy to switch. If you’re hired in as operations, or song or security you fall under their respective DTE/function. I’m assuming you’re under TAP given you’re in acn for 2.5 years? Its not end of 3 years you graduate from tap you choose either tech or S&C. You will go back to your DTE/function, again you can identify from your acn job title itself or easiest your contract (it states your job family). It’s easy to tell actually since TAP mostly consists of only business and integration analyst/senior analyst and consulting development analyst/snr analyst, the former is tech while the latter is S&C.

Your pros and cons are rather accurate, S&C is much more competitive than tech. It’s easier to find projects for tech as compared to strategy or consulting. Many times the consulting team in projects are really small, as little as 2 people or maximum 10.
At the end of the day, depends on your interest and abilities.