Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Property Agents make A LOT of Money
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Alex-Px--

Default 2861

To Simple Agent:
My post is meant for a comment. Please take it lightly.

I would like to comment on why are most agents killed by advertisement cost is due to their lack qualifying the listing. Most of my properties are taken within 3 advertisements. I will NOT advertise units that will not sell. Newspaper ads is one of my many marketing tools which is also the most expensive and not-so effective way of marketing. I will classify advertisement cost as an investment rather than an expense. An agent who invest in the wrong listing is similar to investing in the wrong stock. An adverisement of $200 should generate at least $2000.
I apologize if I offended anyone regarding the 7pm salesman and businessman issue. My intention is to highlight that there are many ways to do this business. Top acheivers may not necessary be good business people; or rather, they are good just good sales people. Good business people should have systems and people in place so that they can be away for the operations 80% of the time thus having more time for 4 vacations per year together with their family and loved ones. This quality Time should also be spent on networking, prospecting, lead generation, spotting of opportunities and overall business responsibility.

I beg to differ your statement that HDB flats are survivals in today's market. I have been transacting more private properties this year despite the slow down. I have done more than $400k in sales in Two years but I can say approx 50% is kept to invest back into the business for expansion purposes.

You might say that we need a consistent income to fund the runners. But in my point of view, Runners should be trained to do exclusives and closings and they are on a no-closing no-pay basis.

There is no right or wrong in this business as I mentioned. Its just different people doing this business in different ways. Everyone has different goals, I hope to achieve an automated model rather than to sell more houses.

We can choose to set up a fruit stall in the HDB heartlands or to package our fruits distributed in international supermarkets-A concept by Adam Khoo.

This is not a monthly income business, it is rather, an annual income business. An agent doing $20K a mth may not outlast an agent doing $5K a month consistently in the long run. "A bubble tea business and a tea manufactuer company" as a good parable to explain my point.

Please see this as a personal sharing exprience.
Please do not be offended by any of my statements.
We can discuss more of this offline for a clearer understanding if needed.
Email: [email protected]

Cheers!