Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks)
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2022, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Attended several rounds of interviews at a bank recently for a corporate role and the HR officer said they'd like to make me an offer. They are asking for my last drawn pay and the payslips to back it up.

I am reluctant to give this to them because I am not happy with my current pay and believe I am being severely underpaid. What will happen if I decline to share my last drawn pay info with them? Will the offer be rescinded?
Have you at all revealed/divulged what your current pay is? From what I understand, typically for banks the custom is to bump your pay based on your current. This is unlike other industries like tech where you can just quote xx and the firm may not request for ur payslip. So yes in general for banks, I do think they mark up from your current salary. If you feel you are underpaid already, make it known to them, say that although you are drawing xx, you believe you should qualify for yy because of your skills and contributions you can offer (elaborate) and that your asking pay is in line with market?