Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This 'technical D' is blatant misinformation. Fake news. No such thing.

Justification must be provided about specifically why an officer deserves D. Grade distribution alone does not push someone from C- to D, there must be other factors.
Actually it really depends on SLs and the KP team. I have been in 2 schools. For 1 school, the P strongly believed that no teacher deserves a C- or D and fought hard at cluster level with Sup that everyone minimally deserves a C. It was done. It’s whether the P wants to do justice to the staff. That P really knew the staff well and was able to quote work done to justify at least a C for every single staff.

In my other sch, the ranking begins with let’s calculate the number of Ds we need to give if we do not want to give X number of C-. The SLs have already led ranking in this manner so sadly, some officers would be given a D. The definition of D is also vague. It’s just ‘not performing in comparison to peers’.

So don’t take ranking too seriously, life is more than just pb. If you ever feel unfair then appeal. Also, don’t just remain in the same place if you feel unjust. Change school. Who knows, you will meet the P that I mentioned in the first school.