Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Looking for job advice/career advice, feeling lost
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ANONYMOUS- View Post
Looking for advices on job and what they may allow me to progress to in future, really lost and do not know what to do.

I've currently searched for a job that is a loan officer role (not in bank setting, but a position from legalized money lenders). It requires one to work for at least 6 days or more a week (e.g. rest day tuesday, next week may be thurs,fri, sat, sun etc, so more than 6-7 days possible) with random rest day per week decided month prior, have not given the reply of whether I want to take up the role or not as I am not sure whether its an ok job, basic pay factors in ot (which hr says basic n ot [monthly form] adds up to form final "basic" pay+allowance is close to 3k)
What I wish to know is after few years (maybe 3-5 yrs and up?) of working in this role and gaining experience from it, is it possible for me to progress to higher positions in other firms (of similar or close to roles?) or even possibly available positions in local banks?
My highest qualifications is only an o'level, I've tried for a diploma some yrs back but really couldn't concentrate on studying and was picked haphazardly, I still do not know what I wish to do in life nor where does my interest lie, so am not deciding on taking up a diploma again lest i will to drop it again...
Previous job experience were mainly in the admin sections...really wish for some valuable feedback, advice as I am really lost.

Thanks in advance.

First you need to obtain a diploma follow by at least a private degree or part-time in SUSS before you can dream of working for a local bank. This must be done even when you take up the loan officer position. Without the mandatory upgrading of academics, you will not achieve your dream even with few years of working experience.