Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 09:32 PM

randymarshh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You will have to take responsibility for that too. Given that geo 5 is the highest subgrade an officer with no appointment can go to (5A is still an unknown), you will need to set good targets by making reference to KRA. Don’t settle for the bare minimal, because we know that it is not enough. At the same time, ensure that you JH’s T&L is very strong and takes on mentoring role.

With regard to breaking the news to him, be frank. Highlight the points and focus on what he could work on moving forward. Your JH might also be concerned about the impacts that a C- grade has on him. So be clear about that.
At the start of the year, we did discuss on the KRAs and expectations of him, gave him opportunities to run school wide event and also participate in cluster AR. Unfortunately, he is the type to do just enough and I encouraged him to go further, but he will give me excuses like he is taking O level classes, no point in doing that, students not interested etc. Haiz, I should have been more firm.