Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Top 100 jobs in Singapore (2007)
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Shanghai Returnee--

Default 2853

Hi Last Hope, I share your sentiments deeply.
Hi All, money is not really everything but we should try to meet our basic needs, and some of us may need that extra to feed our ageing parents.

I quitted my 10k.mth job from Shanghai as an Engineer and chose to return Singapore. I was all alone in Shanghai all these while with my wife and children back home. While i thrive on my career in Shanghai, I couldn't forgive myself for selfishly leaving my family back home.

I decided to return last month and had a huge salary paycut just to be with them. Most of us just need to realise in our life, that certain events will never return if you miss them this round. To me, my family is the most important link in my life.

At the moment, I am pursuing my career in the medical industry related to providing pre-hospital and medical care to patients with terminal illness. Although I know that i will never get the same kind of perks that i used to had in Shanghai, I felt I a different kind of satisfaction in my present career and my family.

If we chooses to look at our pay as a tool to satisfy our materialisitc means, we will be stuck with it and soon to come, you will know, you have lost something else which could be more important to your life.

SRE