Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DBS tech seed programme
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
it's random.... but generally, there are 2 big departments. IBGT and C2E (Corp banking / Consumer banking)
IBGT is ran like NS culture. Also you won't go far as a SWE here. Nothing much to learn, they mostly want BAs who don't code. Also, what is WLB lol. You have to do deployments on Friday nights which spans to Sat morning with no OIL. Also Friday, you are expected to report at your normal time.

Tech stack wise: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, Microsofr Powerpoint, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins
Everything is true except the tech stack part. You're over exaggerating on that part but other than that yes, work life balance is non existence, most of the seeders are non tech idiots and retards like me from cs joined this because we were hoping we can finish task fast, spend the rest of our working time grinding LeetCode and finding better opportunities while getting paid.

Unfortunately that didn't work out. Most of us work like dogs, 9 to 9... Burn weekends.

I don't fking know for what. You finish ur tasks also they just assign you more from backlog. All these CONTRACT devs can't do their work so they pass to us seeders.

Their whole pipeline process is a mess. CI CD always failing.

Remember their app going down? No surprise lol their code base looks like it was written by 100 different people. Same code file can have 5 different styling and variable naming abuse. Some camel case, some all caps, some written like this "var1" "var2" ...

Wow... Many of my friends are also seeing the same thing in their team.

I finally understand why people talk so much trash about this program. I thought they were trolling... Sian I only wish I believed these people back then. Too late for regrets.