Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 08:35 AM
makarabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axela72 View Post
There you go. As you mentioned "Some guys from Total Rwards...." However, she is from Insurance company. From what I understand, HR there is not something to shout about. Some Insurance company don't even have their own HR department as they can live without them. Just engage some 3rd party to do that role.
Like I said, you probably have a limited understanding of HR roles. The outsourcing roles you are referring to are from admin side.

For eg in my area of talent development, some companies may engage 3rd party consultants for help in formulating strategies or framework, but nobody will outsource the entire process. What you are referring to is PPO / RPO which is a small subset of HR. Most employees in my company will not know me since I do not handle their day to day operations.

I do not know about insurance industry, but my guess is since it is a finance based company, their Total Reward team is likely more developed and comprehensive.