Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Micron starting pay
View Single Post
Old 30-09-2022, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Oon View Post
Thanks for the advice, greatly appreciate it currently I am still a freshman student doing Electrical Engineering at NUS. Honestly, I am really dreading looking at circuits drawings and stuff even physics is killing me. Honestly, would prefer a role that is more towards talking more with clients and understanding their issues, and helping them solve them. Any recommendations in the tech field which I can pivot to and save me a lifetime of sad sobby pay and long hours as an electrical engineer?
Well seems like you are in the same boat as me. I took EE as well and into my final year i just dont like engineering anymore. After grad, i worked as an electrical engineer at a semiconductor company and realized i hate the job.

Since you are open to talking with clients, i guess you can go for sales or if you prefer outdoor/traveling instead of desk bound, can try field engineer. The most common route engineer pivot to is tech. I cant give any suggestion to tech path as i hate programming and not into tech.