Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - PSA International
View Single Post
Old 25-09-2022, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i agree, but the allure of the 50k cash value of the scholarship is hard to ignore. I am already quite set on working in operations/scm so its really just a question of how good of a springboard PSA can be if lets say i want to transit to unilever or P&G ops
Not sure if you have already taken up the scholarship. But a good check would be to see how many ex-PSA folks are now in CPG firms via linkedin. It is UNLIKELY that your experience at PSA operations is directly translatable to CPG ops.

I assume you have already tried applying to CPG? The best time to try is when you are a fresh graduate. In your first 1-2 years, HR can consider you as a fresh graduate. If you stay beyond 2 years in PSA ops, your experience will likely be a disservice during CPG application. If you dont get in Unilever or P&G on your first try, I suggest you can gofor the lower-tier CPGs, gain some experience, then try again.

50K can seem like a lot right now but I suggest you think hard about your career trajectory (refer to Linkedin again). Make sure you collect sufficient datapoints to prove or disprove your assumptions!