Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hihi, if you don’t mind me asking, can share more about your time a decade ago? How were things like in terms of environment and culture? Why people with 87.5 or 3.85 want to come here work long hours for 3k? (Or was it even lower back then?)

I have heard a lot of stories about your generation but don’t have any friends who are like in mid 30s to ask. Just always hear from my boss comparing we are not hungry enough compared to last time.
There were second lower to FCH. It is not the ideal job for FCHs even in those times, but you do see a couple of FCH doing it and it was seen as a viable starting career. Not well paying, but you get a decent base after a couple of years and there is an guaranteed upgrade of responsibilities overtime (career progression).

Hours are bad, and the culture could be bad or bearable depending on which team and seniors/managers that you are working with. People do complain alot too. But if there are deliverables and timeline, people will put in the hours and badger the clients to get things done. If one dislikes it, we will just leave after 1 - 4 years. Typically, you will have 50% +- per batch to last till senior 2nd year, and 20%+- last till manager.

I am not sure how different it is now. I could see how there would be a ton of complaints or a higher level of unwillingness to join the industry. But I assume for those who joined, basic work ethics and principles such as meeting deadlines and completion of deliverables are being uphold?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app