Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2012, 11:20 AM

Leeethan is on a distinguished road

actually i would like to share a part about resumes and getting a call back.
I'm doing internship at a foreign bank now in HR so i kinda get to see all these....

1st you need to know that you are NOT getting a call back for interview is not because your demand for high pay!! because talk about numbers and pay all that only happens when you have already been down for an interview (sometimes only during second interview) than they will discuss pay.

That means you are not getting the call back because your resume is not up to par.
And to be honest, alot of fresh grad dont know how to craft their resumes... and sorrry to burst your bubbles, but working experience is a must.... so dont waste your time in sch chiong-ing CCA... Cause both fresh grad (dont compare sch for now), one with working experience vs one with nothing, the choice of who to employ is pretty clear.

Next about working experience, it has to be relavent to what you are applying... meaning, you need to have a clear thought about what you want to do... your internship/ working experience has to be inline with the eventual job you want to apply... you can be selling ice cream and expect that this can help you get a bank job? see the link... And most resume dont clear the 1st round of vetting because of these 2 reasons. No relevance, no experience and the resume really cannot make it.

I'm not saying this is the only way, or im very good at this but just 2 cent worth... work on your resumes, read books on how to prepare your resume and prepare for interview... like you all said (compare sch now), we are not just competiting with SIM students, but local uni... so why leave it to chance, why take the risk, do something about your situation (something that you can change)... help yourself gain a non-comparable advantage... all these come with experience on the job.

so dont worry so much... go and chiong for our papers now... get the best grades you can, work hard during the holidays/ sch terms with PT/contract/internship... eventually all that will lead you some way.