Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2012, 05:38 PM

Leeethan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by start100 View Post
Is there any reason you are restricting yourself to HR in banks? It is well known that HR in banks are not well paid and have little power compared to other industries like O&G, FMCG, pharma…

Your experience will help a bit, but not much as such part time work tends to be assisting someone to do low level and admin work, so strictly speaking not really of much value.

As for starting pay it depends on company, most banks start off at around 3.2k, certain industries do not take in fresh grads unless it’s through management programs. If it’s O&G, FMCG or pharma I have seen offers at 3.4 – 3.8k.
Thanks alot for your reply.

I guess i didnt really saw that the HR in bank has no power.
Pay wise is it really lower than other sectors? Because from how i see it, its better than the rest by quite abit as well.
I just felt working in bank is the safest bet?

Ok i see, because i heard and experienced that all these internship would give your valuable working experience and you learn stuff like MS Office and really learn how to troubleshoot and solve problems. Basically give you an edge over other freshies... Is this true? Anyone has experience in this?

I see... Mind sharing which industry you are in?
If O&G, how did you managed your career path? If not what other field should go forward.

once again thanks alot!

Last edited by Leeethan; 26-03-2012 at 05:40 PM.