Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Earnings of F1 Drivers
View Single Post
Old 29-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Wealth Journey--

Default 2804

I think the emphasis on who earns more is like trying to keep up with the jones.

From all the success stories or top earners in each industry, it is important to know that they are paid handsomely because THEY ARE THE BEST AMONG THE CROWD. For the few F1 drivers that are paid millions, they are a crowd of F1 drivers being paid like normal wage earners..trying to break into the TOP. Think of all the golfers in the world who are getting by and not earning like Tiger Woods or whoever is in the top.

So, we should focus on becoming the best or one of the best... and i'm sure your money will come.

It's silly to identify where most people's wealth come from... focus your energy not on comparing wages but to:-
1) Set a target (Have a revenue stream of in X years)
2) Identify the ways you could achieve that (have a job, have a business, investing for the long term etc)
3) Break down goals in step 2 into manageable bits.

Earning $10k monthly is not hard if you are willing to work on other money-producing ventures instead of knocking off at 5pm from your official day job. I'm not advocating internet marketing or other get rich scheme.. I'm saying you could try to do some biz with ur friends ..that might become a revenue stream. On top of that, try to invest for the long-term..

I'm sure you will be financially better off in 5 years.