Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2012, 04:08 PM
start100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeethan View Post
Hello Everyone,

Would like some input.
Im really interested to pursue a career in HR and long term career goal is head towards Biz Partnering. Would want to work in financial institution (ie banks)...

Currently im in my penultimate year(Biz degree with SIM-UOL), during all my summer breaks i've taken up internship with a couple of banks in the area of HR and also did work part time during my sch term in similar capacity... all that will be about close to 15 months of working experience. my roles were mainly to manage HR initiatives like employee engagement programs, survey, assist in L&D activities and alot of admin work.

So here are my qns:
1) Would like to know does all these extra activities help in getting me a job in the future upon grad?
2) Also how much should i ask for as a start pay? (3k? 3.2k?)
3) How should work towards biz partnering positions?

Thanks in advance.
Is there any reason you are restricting yourself to HR in banks? It is well known that HR in banks are not well paid and have little power compared to other industries like O&G, FMCG, pharma…

Your experience will help a bit, but not much as such part time work tends to be assisting someone to do low level and admin work, so strictly speaking not really of much value.

As for starting pay it depends on company, most banks start off at around 3.2k, certain industries do not take in fresh grads unless it’s through management programs. If it’s O&G, FMCG or pharma I have seen offers at 3.4 – 3.8k.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app