Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 15-08-2022, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

According to PSD, ministers salary is pegged to the top 1000 earners in the private sectors :

Quote:
The top 1,000 Singapore citizen income earners would include the following:

Senior management positions including Chief Executive Officers, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Information Officers, Presidents, Chairmen, Directors, General Managers from a range of industries;
Representatives from the financial services including bankers, asset managers, traders, Managing Directors, Senior Vice Presidents; and
Professionals including lawyers, accountants, doctors, engineers
Quote:
A Minister may start at the lower end of the MR4 range with a monthly salary of $46,750. This works out to an annual salary of $935,000, of which $607,750 is fixed and the rest is variable.
Since MR4 payscale is pegged at 60% of the top 1000 earners, that means those folks are earning about $1.5M a year.

In Civil Service, the next level below the Minister, i.e. the Perm Sec usually holds the role equivalent to a CEO of a large corporation. I know for a fact that one MMC pays their C-suite about $350K per annum.

So I guess there are either lots of C-suite or o Big Cannon Fairies around.
[Quote]
Source:
s://.psd.gov.sg/faq#:~:text=The%20fixed%20salary%20is%20%24715%2C0 00,socio%2Deconomic%20outcomes%20of%20Singaporeans .
s://.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/data/pdfdoc/2000062907.htm
[Quote]