Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Ex-MOE Teachers
Thread: Ex-MOE Teachers
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2022, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
just got promoted to geo3 earlier this year after 8 years, started out as geo 1, after cpf only bringing home 2.7 per month now. anyone knows that's I should expect if I switch to fajt or cajt? desperately need to increase my income cause of family issues, hoping to rid all the extra portfolio they shove because "you are here for long enough" and take up tuition after work to boost income.
Are you a degree holder? It’s unusual for a degree holder to be so lowly paid after 8 years.

It will be good to find out how much you will be paid as an FAJT and CAJT before you leap. If you are earning so little as a permanent teacher, chances are you do not hold a degree. Your hourly rate as a FAJT and monthly pay as a CAJT may not be high.

As far as I know, CAJT’s workload does not differ from full-time Teachers and you also need to abide by the school hours with the meetings thrown in. Not sure about workshops though.

FAJT doesn’t get paid for school holidays. Just to let you have an idea:

I start work in school between 6.30am and 7.15am and my last tuition lesson of the day ends at 9pm on weekdays. By the time I get home, it’s often 10 plus.

You also have to be prepared that parents take breaks here and there especially during school holidays.