Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2022, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
D is usually quite serious (after all, C- does exist). In my experience, ROs are asked to maintain clear documentation/records to the grade. The rationale for poor performance grade should also be communicated to the jobholder.

I imagine on the flipside, if the officer feels that the grade is unjustified - it can be brought up to school leader, superintendent, or maybe via STU? It's probably advisable for the officer to be very confident that there is a only a weak case for his D grade, though… should clarify with RO first, if the reason is unclear.
Yes, always clarify with RO. If you at Mid Year Review, you are not warned of a D grade, then you should not expect a D grade unless you commit something major (conduct, assessment and finance). Also at mid year, if you are being told that you are at risk of getting D, then ASK for guidance. Ask RO explicitly what must you do to avoid getting a D. If after RO tells you and you have fulfilled what you are told, you can always seek redress from Supt or go direct to HR. In my experience, not too helpful to ask P. Cos P is the one who agreed to give you a D.