Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much savings do you have?
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I know, a few of my friends who have kids told me the same too...But they also did tell me the truth regarding sleepless nights, $$ out and stress increasing with kids...Anyway it's a personal choice at the end of the day...I know fairly well if I do have a kid or two...my savings will definitely diminish...Either that or I have to cut back on holidays (maybe once in 5 years) ...We are not even driving a 'premium' car now...It's only a Jap model...7 years old...

And I definitely will not be able to hit the amount of savings most pple in this forum claim to have....Childcare rates are about $1000 a mth now (for the slightly more premium chains)...Even if I send them to a 'normal' childcare, it would cost $500...and if I have 2 kids, it would be $1000!....Most likely I have to hire a maid if I have kids, so that would be about $600 gone...(excluding the expenses for the maid like food etc)...

Not to mention I would have to save another $50K for my kids education (assuming they are hardworking and make it to a local Uni)...if not, I have to cough out another $100K+ for their overseas education....

True?
Life can be very simple and you can enjoy life from simple pleasures instead obsessing over accumulating wealth! Once in a while, on my way home, I just need to spend $2 on a packet of gummies at the petrol kiosk and I will be antipating the beaming joy from my 5 years old son when I give it to him. Such feelings of happiness from the children is contagious.....When you finally have $2m in your bank, you may feel happy and a sense of pride that you have arrived, but such hapiness will not last. Trust me. In time, it is only a number in your bank account and you will realise that you do not need a lot of money to make yourself happy. You will feel happy when you spend on your loved ones like your parents and children.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app