Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary?
View Single Post
Old 15-07-2022, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was the poster for the comment you replied to. So JPM just reported IB revenues came in 55% below forecasts. There are cycles and this is one. Last 1-2 years weren’t secular, it’s massively cyclical.

My advice to you is don’t think that you are entitled to >12 months bonus. Honestly besides doing decks, sending invites and triangulating and reconciling numbers on excel, you have no innate worth. You are a piece of **** and so am I.

The faster you recognize this, the less cognitive dissonance you have around pay variance and the faster you can adapt to this industry and ride the upswings and get paid bank and quietly do your work when times are bad. And actually enjoy the through-cycle comp benefit without the pain of cognitive dissonance.
I am incoming analyst and guess what bro, I know we are all piece of **** who just mindlessly churns comments from our senior bankers. But one think for sure is all of us piece of **** are hardworkers, we grinded hard in university when everyone is just chilling. That being said, I would still expect to be paid handsomely as this is why I came to the field in the first place right? I don't come to the field to learn more about companies, that's only **** I tell the MD/D in interviews. So since you are experienced in the field, how much bonus on average we can expect (let's ignore last year one-off huge bonus), do you think average of 9 months is achievable in SG?