Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 14-07-2022, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Exactly, to be very honest here. Getting into consulting is way tougher than getting into tech. Every year Accenture mass hire tech analysts, but selected few consulting analysts. Now the talent advancement program there’s two consulting pods (business analysis and change management), the former is pretty bunch tech aka BAs, while the latter change management will move on to T&O practice under strategy and consulting after TAP. This is also why you see change management pod with really little people literally 4x lesser than the BA and other tech and software pods. HR doesn’t automatically promote change management pod or even offer it. People are selected into it by project request.

With that said, no one is saying that tech is bad or whatsoever. It really depends on your strengths and most importantly interest. If you’re in tech but is more interested in consulting, then I guess try applying for certain project roles that touches a little on consulting and see if you really enjoy it. If so and you want to switch to consulting, yes it’s really tough, but under TAP I guess you can switch to BA pod as the closest.
I can confirm this. Joined TAP as business and integration arch analyst early last year. Wanted to go into consulting function but hr offered me only tech roles as they said consulting role is very competitive. I took the offer and joined projects as Business Analyst. I’m very very fortunate and lucky that my HR partner and people lead pushed for me to switch pods and roles, from tech pod to business analysis pod. Funny although now I’m holding the consulting development analyst title, I’m still doing business analyst role in projects cos I’m in business analysis pod. Tried asking to be put into change management pod but was rejected. So no point of me going through so much hassle to switch job title to be doing exactly the same tasks at the end. Consulting development analyst in business analysis pod is just a facade, consulting role name but end up is just Business Analyst aka same job as business and integration analysts.

To people who want to choose pods or is lucky to switch, if you want consulting, better to go into change management pod. Business analysis pod is as the name BA, not management consulting.