Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 05:48 PM
Verified Member

theRealHentie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey. I’m quite similar as you. Don’t know if internship counted as YOE though. Fresh grad with 1 + internship experience, TC then was around 90k. Now after 1 year TC around 110. Was thinking if I should switch to Shopee and try to get 130k. Does shopee even offer attractive TC? As I saw from Blind they seems to be low balling these days…
hello i posted the comment, dang it was damn long ago. decided to take binance's offer at 120k TC including base and 4 months target bonus.

normally internship don't count as YOE (like ofc it is work experience, but no one count internship as YOE. I was working full time while studying full time so they counted that.).

I am not entirely sure of the market right now, I think things are still hot and tech is still printing money, but back in Jan when I commented, average monthly base is about 5.5k I believe, so your 110k tc is quite good at 1YOE, probably not 75th percentile for cs degree holder but would be close. shopee is damn trash, I still remember that interview and it was the worst I ever had (I have been through maybe 50+ tech interviews in different companies so far, shopee was disgusting af).

TC is not everything, I think we have life outside of work. Currently at Binance, there is wlb as long as you get your stuff done good and fast. I am sure in FAANG (less AMZN) you can find wlb too. To me at this point, I am earning good money and so I want to have good wlb and annual PTO to spend them. Ofc, if your goal is to accumulate more cash, then you can try to go for shopee or byteance's offer (I am not sure if they pay more, bytedance offered similar package to what I am currently having, and I think I am kinda low balled for my current package already).