Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2022, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can’t be so certain with this, people have different reasons of joining specific firms. That’s the reason why sometimes you’ll wonder why a FCH or someone from Ivy League end up at certain companies when they can clearly get into better companies out there.

Accenture is really good for fresh grads as there’s many opportunities to upskilling. Knock some facts into you, MBB hires majority of their employees from grad school with MBA degree. Consulting is a cut throat industry where you’re either ‘up or out’, especially so for too consulting firms.

I’m not speaking for any companies here but I joined Accenture as a fresh grad a couple years ago and am now in one of the MBBs. I think it’s wise for those fresh grads who aren’t from Ivy leagues like local grads etc to work in a consulting firm that provides learning and upskilling opps, and after a few years of working experience you jump to MBB or pure strategy consulting firms out there. You get to promote faster, demand a higher salary and you’re much better positioned.
Couldn’t agree more with this. You can’t find any other companies that gives you so much opportunities to learn and grow yourself. Accenture is good for fresh school leavers, but if you’re coming in with working experience you might want to reconsider. Of course if you’re coming from some small companies or big 4 (not taking about the strategy arm of big 4), Accenture is better than where you’re at. But be prepared for the high ot culture, demanding clients who love to flip flop around, and well certain CCs that don’t do their job.

With relevant working experience, would suggest you to compare other consulting firms out there too and pick the one that suits you. Afterall, you know what you want best and what suits you.