Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SMU Fresh Grads Make $4k to $10k
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2008, 10:10 AM
jefefe--

Default 2696

Hi Don,

I mean no criticism here, is true that everyone should drive their own boat and Singapore is a place with fair mix of personality.

It just that the batch of people that i encounter, compare to the the people i know in the countries i mentioned above really show such differences..

Is the passion that you can feel from them.

We should feel lucky of the EDB initiative "1 dollar to 1 dollar" technoprenuership funding program.. i was thinking if Singapore can have another 50 more Creative (or rather the Uncle Ah Hock)kind of entrepreneur, then our share in consumer electronic market may have a fight with Taiwan and Korea.

A bit out of topic, anyway i agree that working for few years to gain experience before you start up anything is always good, you should start up something you familiar with..

Cannot always depend on how much people willing to invest on us.. try to let ppl depend on our investment

Anyway, good luck to all the Fresh Grad on job hunting, this yr still consider a good yr, next yr may not be so..
You know something, i notice fresh grad nowadays think that is a norm for them to get a starting pay 2.5k and above, i even hear someone in the forum said "forget about working if your boss pay you less than 2.4k..."
Sigh.. no wonder we need to import so many cheap engineer..