Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2012, 02:24 PM
arrynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In short, a lot of it really depends on what you want out of your career. You want work life balance and relatively simple jobs with decent pay go for civil service. If you want to go for professional development and serious exposure, go private.

If you want to go back pte sector, make sure you do so within 3 years. Once you stay too long, a lateral transfer becomes very difficult without job demotion.
agree from experience. Last year we hired a AD from MITA HR as a Assistant Manager looking after one of our branches, he resigned before confirmation & I was doing his exit interview.

The reason he give was there is too much salary negotiation when making offer and too many last minute changes from the training plan he was administering. I learn that when MITA making offer is a fix thing no need to negotiate and whatever is the training plan is set at the start of the year will be followed to the last dot.

He found the need to constantly manage expectation of candidates, line manager and dealing with all the daily questions from employees too troublesome. He told me in MITA is straight forward, top down instruction just follow, no room for people to keep negotiating and changing depending on business needs.

So it seems there is a lot of difference between civil service and commercial HR.