Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - My plan for breaking into finance sector
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Personal Opinion only, may not be true. I think local bank hit comm easier because of the much much larger deposit base. Foreign banks need to "snatch" client base which is very competitive. The priority market belongs to the local banks because of that and I think ANZ, standard chartered, Citibank maybank etc had a slight disadvantage but they had a more sophisticated client base. For private banking, it is the other way as international tycoons like big names like Credit Suisse, UBS etc e.g if you have USD 50m, you are more like to choose UBS than choose say UOB private bank. If you like niche markets, then EFG, Julius Baer, Sarasin, Coutt will be a better choice.
Oh about today market, I think it is a different era. Money is harder to earn from all fronts and "easy" money seems to be disappear altogether. The clients also getting more savvy which means lesser margin. I think if got comm, average should still 100 to 130k but getting anything above 400k p.a. is becoming rarer. Everyone is sequeezed. I fear for final demolition of this niche segment in a few years time. Chances that everybody will switch to (pathetic) bonus scheme and no more comms.
Hi, are u in FO banking? Or just giving your observation/opinion of the mkt?