Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

This is for those ops who are worried about grades affecting their job.

Recently a lot of ops asking guess it’s the hiring and grading period.

I am one example who had bad uni gpa, I graduated with a pass degree only. I was damn embarrassed and extremely cautious of myself when I started my first job in fear others will judge me. But fact is, everyone is too busy to care about you and what you scored in uni. Having perfect grades in uni does not necessarily mean you flourish at work, and the other way round too. Of course, you have to work hard at work in order to perform well. Work promotion is based on work performance, I have never seen or known anyone who got asked their uni gpa or honours in deciding if they should be promoted.

With bad gpa can you do masters? Ans is yes but not using your grades straight out of uni duh. After a good amount of work duration, you can use your work experience to support your masters application, that’s how some people who didn’t get good grades but ended up having the opportunity to complete masters, just that you do it later than fresh grads. But this is not a bad thing either as you gain work experience and earn income to fund yourself.

It’s understandable that you’re worried and lost, but you can’t change what has passed, so instead focus on the present and work on yourself.