Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - My plan for breaking into finance sector
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysnforever View Post
im always a proponent of doing whatever u like, regardless of the reputation of the firm. If I can do research at a small firm, i can use it to meet other people in the area to network, and showcase my strength to vault higher into the places i wanna go to.

so you did treasury sales at a 3rd tier organisation? and slowly went up from there? Did you always wanted to do treasury sales in FO?
No. I wanted to be a trader. Just a trader in a dealing room without know what exactly is a trader and a trader of what 10 years back (just like a lot of bros here). Cannot even tell then what is the diff between prop trader, position trader, sales trader or just execution trader (or "dealer"). Don't know there were FX trader, equity trader, swap trader, money market trader, commodity trader, derivative trader in a banking dealing room.. just naive enough to think of being a trader and hopefully someone would taught me the tricks (which of course not)... Anyway, beside a short stint as a FI sales dealer in a small shop where there is a blurring of line between sales, dealing and trading, I ended up in the "2nd best" choice of Treasury sales