Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My hod openly ask me to apply for posting out as I m unable to work according to her
instruction and will be given under performing grade. So all of us better be guai guai boi n guai guai gal ya.
Some KPs and SLs demand for absolute compliance. Toxic with lots of micromanagement.

I have heard of multiple teachers of the same department who plotted to leave the school at the same time. And they did, even after the HOD changed face and begged them to stay. The HOD really suffered in many ways after that.

Also heard of another comeback. Be a yes-man to your HOD and also volunteer for larger roles and duties for the school. Endure for 1 year. After getting your next PB, immediately resign/transfer out. Give a nice-sounding, sugar-coated reason e.g. family, kids, so that no one can rebut in any way. Your HOD will suffer backlash from SLs and have to scramble to find others to handle your workload (or even having to handle some of it himself or herself). Your portfolio would also have been beefed up from that 1 year of extra work and duties; use it to your advantage at your next workplace