Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Marsh Graduate Development Program
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I see, my only concern is, if i were to go for a higher pay job (nus/ntu) now, in the future when i wanna leave, it is harder for me to go to corporate world, whereas in marsh its definitely a more lower pay, but when i leave to another job it is easier ? i am not too sure, hope to hear from you soon bro. Much appreciated the guidance and advice.
joining Marsh graduate program you have to make sure you are well liked and perform throughout your rotation. so hopefully at the end of the day you are being wanted by various teams and put yourself in a position to choose or share your preference. based on my observation, limited increment during 2yrs and generally you have to jump once u hit the 3-4yr mark to make a big leap in salary to above 5-6k. and when you job hop to another broker or insurer you'll have to request for salary based on your ability to contribute/market value rather than applying the 20-30% pay rise which will not get you far assuming your salary is around the 4kish range after 3yrs.

my rule of thumb when it comes to insurance career is to join a line which is unique n with more expats and more niche, usually those pays better than general retail product lines like Employee benefits n property etc.

fyi im the guy who shared my journey to 10k on page 86.