Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Marsh Graduate Development Program
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2022, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I see, my only concern is, if i were to go for a higher pay job (nus/ntu) now, in the future when i wanna leave, it is harder for me to go to corporate world, whereas in marsh its definitely a more lower pay, but when i leave to another job it is easier ? i am not too sure, hope to hear from you soon bro. Much appreciated the guidance and advice.
corporate world which industry are u thinking of in particular? or not really anyth in mind?

i will say an admin type role is not too much different than a "corporate" type role esp in an MA program in the earlier years. like i said, key is not to stay too long until u are handcuffed to that place because u dont have any transferable skillsets.

if its up to me, i will go with higher pay because typically when negotiating with HR here in SG, it can be based on your current compensation. higher starting pay = prolly higher next pay. then it comes down to what u enjoy doing, maybe u hate the admins in ntu/nus alr? idk.

bottom line dont stay too long either way. and fyi i wouldnt take what the guy above me said srsly, places worth their salt pay well to attract talent period. by saying prestigious companies can afford to pay less is bs, companies start to be prestigious because they pay well. not the other way round. as long as you make sure ure skillsets are relevant to transfer elsewhere, otherwise who cares abt prestige? lol