Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Marsh Graduate Development Program
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2022, 07:26 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
good or not is relative, at least imo. Marsh pays below average, but average compared to what? tech? ofc it pays below average. compared to high finance and consulting? yea below average for sure. compared to fresh grads across the board? maybe comparable.

so it all comes down to what yard stick you would like to use to measure your relative 'goodness'. which is why i asked what other options you have on hand or you know you can realistically get, which should be your key deciding factor in this case.

no other offers/this is as good as you get = accept this offer and think of progression/pivoting with some exp down the road

few offers on hand/got something on standby = you have the upper hand and can weigh the pros and cons

still not keen on this offer/set your sights on other industry = give it a shot if you can, if not, pick up the skills necessary and pivot (option 1)

just my 2c.
Thanks for the advice and sharing, i have a total of 3 offers, Marsh (MA programme), 1 offer from big 4 (audit), and 1 offer from the uni (ntu/nus) (MA programme)

The highest paying one is the uni offer with pay at least 25% higher than what Marsh and big 4 is paying, my only concern is that the exit option for me if i choose the uni job, i am not sure if the skills and experience i learnt will be useful in finding jobs elsewhere if i decided to quit, any thoughts?