Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2022, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After seeing all the fake posts on this thread, I decided to share my SIM/career story. Up to you if you want to believe or not.

Came from a low-income family. Mum was a cleaner and dad did odd-jobs on top of his full-time work as a technician to support the family. Didn't study very hard when I was in Poly but due to the part-time jobs that I took up, one of them just so happen to be relevant enough that I got a job in ST about 3 years after I finished NS with the starting pay of 1800. Studied part-time uniSIM/UOW while working at ST and I can affirm what a previous poster said about private uni students being so dumb as to submit the paper that they copied with the original student's name attached. Happened to my classmate and he from an A grade drop to just pass. My UOW grades wasn't great either so I ended up working in ST for close to 10 years before I decided to rage quit. My final pay before quitting was just 3400 despite my long service.

Things started looking up for me after quitting ST though. By some miracle and partially because of the niche projects I was involved in (what kind of projects, those who know will know), I applied successfully for a gov job with a starting pay close to double my previous pay. I worked hard, proved myself and 3 years later, I now earn enough to meet the requirement for a metal credit card.

At this point, many of you will be screaming ******** but if I want to big cannon fairy, I can always claim to aim 14K- 20k a month. Just know that SIM doesn't mean you will forever be a grab driver and that experienced > qualifications.
MAD RESPECT and good for you! showing the world that SIM is comparable to local uni