Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2022, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Wa so means no project you still get salary and can stay home ah

Does HR know you have no project tho? And once there’s a project available will help add you in or you need ownself source?
Yes you get paid to do nothing basically. But like I said, this isn't necessarily a good thing. As a worker, you're either an asset or liability. If you're a consultant who's not making any money for Accenture, then you're a liability and I don't see you staying on for long.

And yes, HR and leadership absolutely knows if you're benched. While its technically their jobs to find you projects as a new hire, there is still internal discrimination if you're benched for long periods.

In my case, after I joined was benched for 3+ months with nothing to do. Just did whatever training I could find while constantly asking around for roles. I kept pestering my TFS and asked whoever I knew if there were roles available, but there were nothing.

By the time I finally got offered a role, it was something that wasn't even related to what I joined the company to do. I didn't have much of an option but to accept the role since there wasn't anything else. But after joining the project for a month, I realised how much of a clusterf*ck it was. 2 others who joined the project at the same time as me were just asked to figure out how to do things with no guidance. None of us were even doing anything related to what we joined Accenture to do.

Best part was I got tasked to be a part of a CR for the client, and the guy leading the CR kept asking me how to do things because ironically, I had the most experience amongst everyone. It was a total disaster. After listening to that guy complain to me about how he had to work every day and was constantly getting yelled at by both ACCN leadership and the client, I knew this project was a sh*tshow.
I wasn't going to waste anymore time hoping things would get better and asked to be rolled off. Obviously, people weren't happy but I didn't care because I wanted to get the hell out of the company asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How do you source for projects yourself ah if you’re pretty new and don’t have connections? And how do you know you’re benched? Means you no project basically?
That's exactly the problem. That's why ACCN has all these stupid networking calls all the time. They say it's supposed to be casual, and technically it is, but it's a really important time for you to get to know people and introduce yourself.
And yes, benched is the term people use to refer to consultants unassigned to a project. Basically, it means you have no billable hours, and ACCN, not the client, is the one paying to keep you around.