Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - High Finance Thread
View Single Post
Old 14-05-2022, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The no. of people who make the cut each year has nothing to do with the requirements. If there is only a team of stubs applying that year, they will still hire them. In any case, 30 in Singapore didn't sound that much if you are not just referring to capital market roles and M&A roles (sales, trading, research).

To the other person, and on universities - If you didn't do well, it doesn't matter whether it is local or overseas university. I assume that you didn't get a scholarship. Just think about your financial means, and whether you want an overseas education. It doesn't change how hirable you are in Singapore that much and I will consider other stuff instead. And to be honest if you studied overseas, you might not necessarily want to work in Singapore for your first job. The mentality changes.
I assume I can't work overseas. Do you think students coming from non-supertargets (so like... northwestern, ucl, Mich Ross) have difficulty finding jobs back in SG because of the difficulty involved in recruiting across the ocean? Like networking, coffee chats (the informal recruitment process), etc

protip for guys in NS: if you never get scholarship with your offers (rejected/forgot to apply), go and disturb the department on whether you can apply in future years. don't kena stuck like me.