Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - settle for an engineering course or retake exam?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Verified Member

suppertime is on a distinguished road

ntu accountancy (AAA/B)
ntu ba (AAB/B)

Hi. You mean they used to judge you based on just 3 main subjects? I have heard a fair share of good and bad results for students retaking their A levels. I just believe that when you put your heart and soul into it, nothing can stop you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good advice but please don't go down the SIM route. It is not recognised by many employers and even if recognised generally regarded as a 2nd tier degree. Don't do that.

Still go to the 3 university but avoid engineering unless you are really passionate about it. If you have the "just take engineering since I can't make it to better courses" mentality you will end up exactly in what we call "dumping ground"

What is the entry requirement for business in NTU now? For my time, AAB could get you into accountancy. ABB could get you into business.

As for retaking your A levels, alot of people I know didn't get better grades by retaking. My own brother included. But I leave that decision to you.

Another alternative, take a study loan or get your parents to fund you overseas for uni. Go and check if certain government agencies can help you with study loan (not scholardship)