Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - settle for an engineering course or retake exam?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Verified Member

suppertime is on a distinguished road

First of all, thank you for treating me as a close friend/sibling equivalent . I too was from the science stream in JC. My maths and physics subjects were my better subjects as well. It's really something to hear that despite your proficiency in the above mentioned subjects, you find accountancy easier than engineering. Sets me thinking.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I took accountancy but I never wanted to be an auditor. I had a GF who had straight A's, scholar and who was in engineering. We studied together so I know how difficult engineering modules are. The amt of effort it took me to get an A in my modules would have best got me a C in engineering.

Of course this is specific to me.. but I want to point out that I was from science stream in JC and generally have been quite good with maths / physics. So in short, I am pretty decent with numbers but found accountancy so much easier to score.

Any of my close friends / siblings ask me for advice, I will recommend accountancy/ B&F over engineering.

How much do you think first class honor grads from accountancy / B&F earn versus their engineering peers (who have first class?).

Even if you end up with 2nd lower, I have a cousin and a good friend with no honors who are working in back office operations (at banks). They are earning $5-6k after 2-3 years work. Bonus of 2-4 mths. How much do you think a mediocre engineer make after 2-3 years?