Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - My plan for breaking into finance sector
View Single Post
Old 29-02-2012, 09:52 AM
QXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysnforever View Post
yes sell side analyst. Both fund manager and the analyst requries you to study the equities carefully and the valuation of the company, which is what I am interested in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysnforever View Post
yes sell side analyst. Both fund manager and the analyst requries you to study the equities carefully and the valuation of the company, which is what I am interested in.
Where to start?

1. Your answers so far suggest that you have close to zero understanding on the role of a fund manager as well as the myriad of business models and trading strategies of the money management world.

2. If you think a sell-side analyst’s key job is to “study the equities carefully and the valuation of the company”, you are in for a rude shock if you ever get the job.

In terms of banking prospects, you age, experience and the MBA you want to take, I think other forumers have already articulated clearly enough for you, no need for me to elaborate further.

What I can tell you is this – You need to grow up and do some serious research on what Finance/Banking/Investment is all about before wasting money and time on a Finance MBA. You are operating purely on an individual small timer buy stock sell stock manner and your understanding of the Finance world reflects that.

If you are not convinced by the sharings of experienced forumers here, then find some way and talk to an investment insider with the same silliness you are talking here, I predict he/she will have a good laugh and recommend you stay in the civil service as well.