Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lying about previous salary in job application form
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2022, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gac View Post
Tks bro. I thought contacting past employers means background check. Didn't know there's a separate consent? In my 14 yrs of work experience, I've never encountered such background checks. I checked with my previous HR and they told me they don't disclose unless the company can show my consent is given.

Then what do you suggest I do IF the new company asks me for consent for background checks? It's either die now or die later. Haii....
No problem.

Eh I'm not very sure but from what you're saying about the job application signing thing, it seems to me like reference check agreement rather than background check.

Background check has a separate form with fine print and things to fill in like previous employer name, contact, position held, date, etc. Some companies may omit this and just use your resume's "Work experience" data to trace or whatever job portal you keyed in your past employment data into.

Anyway... just give the consent. It's just this $400 pay difference right? Position title, company you worked at, start date and end date, all accurate?