Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lying about previous salary in job application form
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2022, 08:44 PM
Verified Member

gac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah so again, to re-iterate my point, unless you provided specific permission for company to check and run background check, you are fine.

Agreeing to "let them contact your employer" is not the same thing as background check... you think that just because they called your manager, he/she is going to tell them your salary? no bro...

so don't worry, you are fine. I'd start worrying when they run a background check... ( btw this is NOT always before you start a job, that's not true at all. Some companies check during your first 3-6 month probation or 1 year after you're employed... It is 100% company based )
Tks bro. I thought contacting past employers means background check. Didn't know there's a separate consent? In my 14 yrs of work experience, I've never encountered such background checks. I checked with my previous HR and they told me they don't disclose unless the company can show my consent is given.

Then what do you suggest I do IF the new company asks me for consent for background checks? It's either die now or die later. Haii....