Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lying about previous salary in job application form
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2022, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gac View Post
The application form already stated by signing I gave the company permission to contact past employers about 'job performance' (does this mean they won't verify salary? ). So I don't think they will ask me when they do background check, which I think should have been done before the offer, not when a person is hired. I also feel that I'm overly worrying but can't be helped for my stupid moment of folly.

I've been lowballed for the most part of my career. They always say 'but your last pay was XXX' or some ********. If not, why do you think I wanted to inflate this time to see if the same **** happens again?
Yeah so again, to re-iterate my point, unless you provided specific permission for company to check and run background check, you are fine.

Agreeing to "let them contact your employer" is not the same thing as background check... you think that just because they called your manager, he/she is going to tell them your salary? no bro...

so don't worry, you are fine. I'd start worrying when they run a background check... ( btw this is NOT always before you start a job, that's not true at all. Some companies check during your first 3-6 month probation or 1 year after you're employed... It is 100% company based )