Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lying about previous salary in job application form
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2022, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In the worst case, you can defend like well, your previous salary number includes the AWS or whatever bonus that you can think of. To be fair, some company don't have AWS and might not tell their candidates that they don't have AWS.
No.

Also it doesn't matter whether he has AWS or not. Monthly pay means base monthly pay you receive every month at your company.

Including AWS or any other bonuses is retarded. That makes 0 sense. By definition,

monthly pay = base monthly pay. If it's not written on your monthly pay slip, you are NOT earning that amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gac View Post
Now I worry daily about being caught on that lie but I don't think I can come clean at this stage. In fact, I even negotiated during the offer and got an increment.

Not sure if the new employer has done the background check. What do you think I should do?
Nothing you can do. Just pray they don't ask you to sign background forms allowing them to perform full background check and check your income tax / CPF etc or ask you for your previous company's payslip.

Imo you're overly worrying about this. Also pretty stupid to assume that companies will pay you close to your previously drawn salary... who told you this ********? like that no one would ever job-hop because they will earn the same amount so why bother?