Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Beware of People who claim to have "Doctorates"
View Single Post
Old 30-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Dr. AC--

Default 2548

Yea, I hate ppl who have get a Dr without going through all the pain. That is because I got my Dr. through slogging hard, on a lousy stipend, with full of stress and alone in a lab for 3.5 yrs. (My PhD is from UNSW btw, so it's not fake. Admin, I think University of South Australia is genuine...but then again different fields demand different rigour so it really depends..)

Going through all that hard work to get a PhD and not being well recognized in Singapore is demoralizing enough (I really am comtemplating migrating), we don't need fake wannabes to rub it our face. Kudos to those who really earned their PhD, they really have substance and really deserved their recognition.

If you want to know what hard work you need to put in to get your PhD, let me know. I will be glad to share. Just a heads up, my supervisor asked me to "join a social club" before I start my PhD, so that gives you a hint on how hard it can be.