Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DBS tech seed programme
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

24 + 2 days leave isn't really competitive... don't forget that banks run throughout a year whereas tech companies have multiple company wide holidays ( especially US companies ) and most of the time, the last 2 weeks of December are blocked.

So while you get 14 days at US tech companies, that's 14 days leave + 2 weeks in mid December off + 4-5 company holidays throughout a year... not sure about other US companies but mine also has 120 days sick leave a year which a lot of people abuse.

if you want to know more about DBS SEED, find those ex-seeders or current-seeders on LinkedIn, connect with them and just ask them nicely, express your interest in the program, etc.

its a great program to learn and to really grind. i strongly advice it if you're young and hungry to learn. if you're already seasoned dev ( closing to 2yoe ) then don't do it... you can easily find mid-level dev roles in other tech companies for at least >6k base pay.

anyway last I recall when I joined I was told to openly express how I felt about the program to friends and people online who were curious... so here you go. hope it helps.