Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I presume you did an engineering masters in 2005. That was a wrong move. You should have used the opportunity to position yourself in a more lucrative sector, or move on to do other things e.g. MBA. Basically you should think about making quantum leaps in terms of pay, rather than incremental changes that an ordinary engineering job offers. A little too late to realise this though, at 37. I have a friend who is in similar shoes. Stuck at DSO even though he's grades were good. He took part time masters in electrical engineering (which to me is a waste of time from the financial point of view). I hope to rescue him some day.
In 1990s, government massively expanded nus/ntu engineering places, ST wrote glory reports of S$5k pay of young semiconductor grads with OT. They lured many 3As students into engineering. Today, many of these engineering grads are no longer in engineering line. Many became taxi drivers, property agents, insurance agents, MLN marketers.

In early 2000s, government said life sci is the next big thing. You know what happen now that mr yeo said these grads are only qualified to wash test tubes without phd.

every decade has its share of fools - i m one of them,hahaha