Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looking at these strawberry generation is so disappointing. All these strawberries are so short sighted to think that audit is a Low paying and long hours job. Audit is like an ugly duckling in the short term but is a swan in long term. I have stayed in big 4 close to 14 years . Although my salary is lower than my peers who left earlier than me in the past, now I am making way more than them. Most of my peers are earning on average 8-9k but I am earning close to 14k as a SM. The pay disparity is simply too big between my peers and I, and it will widen more when I entered partnership.

I am happy that big 4 offers me guaranteed promotion and the management actually cares about my career growth. It is always better to sacrifice work life balance at the initial stages of you career and truly reap the benefits at the later stage of your life, something which the strawberry generations failed to realize due to their short-sightedness. I could even retire at 55 with huge savings unlike my peers where they might have to slog until 60s with their mediocre salary.
Why you dont want to start your own firm. Based on your yoe and 0 entrepreneur mindset, maybe.. just maybe b4 is the best for you. But with your yoe to start up a firm u should be able to earn more while having others slog for you. Why u continue to b4 for life? Mid tiers lots of 10-13 years yoe partner.

Is it true only sub par ones b4 for life?