Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DBS tech seed programme
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for sharing this. Is there WLB and do seeders really get to learn a lot during the program?
WLB is dependent on the team you get put onto. Some suck ass, 8 am to 6-7pm kind of thing, others like 8.30 to 5.30, fridays 8.30 to 5pm, etc.

I don't know about "learning a lot", I can tell you this, I barely learned anything... I had friends in Software dev team, they also didn't learn much. Mostly just frontend things that you can find on boot camps online. I'm not sure about the info security side.

My advice is this, if you're a non-cs grad then join this. Why? because this program gives you an opportunity to join DBS as a full-time tech associate after your 2 years. Even if you don't make it after 2 years, you would still have a "relevant" working experience that can help in landing other tech roles in different companies despite your degree being irrelevant.

If you're from SIM, feel free to join this. There's plenty of SIM grads who are now working full-time at DBS. I can link a few Linkedin profiles if you want proof for whatever reason... ( I just google lol but anyway ) it's good because other tech companies won't accept SIM grads. Shopee, Bytedance, etc for example, they straight up filter out SIM grads in resume application stage...

but once you get a few YOE, companies stop caring about what degree you have.

So this SEED program is great for building your foundation IF you're not a cs grad from local uni.